NEA-Retired Post-Summit Conference and Scholarship
ECOEA offers a $500 scholarship to an ECOEA-Retired member each year. The NEA-Retired Conference this year is in Orlando, Florida March 15-16. Learn more about the conference at this link to the NEA registration site.
The deadline to apply for the ECOEA scholarship was November 1, 2019. There were no applicants. Please call the ECOEA office if interested in this scholarship.
8.7 NEA Retired Post-Summit Conference Scholarship
One $500 scholarship may be awarded based upon the following criteria:
- The applicant must be an NEA-R/OEA-R Member with preference given to NEA-R/OEA-R Life Members.
- Retired member must have retired from a local in the ECOEA District.
- Selection of the winner shall be by a lottery. Deadline for applications will be determined annually and announced in the ECOEA newsletter/website, ECOEA-R newsletter/website, and OEA-R Newsline.
- The winner shall send a receipt of expense to ECOEA after attending the conference and a reimbursement check will be sent to the recipient.
- The scholarship will be awarded to a member who has not previously received the NEA-Retired Post-Summit (formerly the NEA National Retired Organizing Conference) Scholarship. If all applicants have previously received this scholarship, the most recent recipient shall be disqualified from consideration. (2/20/16)